If you ever joined MySpace your 1st friend is Tom Anderson. Listen/Watch this great interview with the founders of MySpace and Charlie Rose.
Some interesting metrics that I jotted down:
- 18 Million MySpace Mobile users per month
- “MySpace is a social portal that helps people discover content, culture and people” — Chris DeWolfe, co-founder of MySpace
- Obama has over 1 MM friends on MySpace
- MySpace is in China for the past year
- Market Value is in the Billions
- Murdoch was laughed at for paying to much money
- Businesses can create profiles on MySpace now similar to Facebook Pages
- Registered over 1 MM voters
- MyAds launched recently (has anybody tried it?) – can spend as little as $20
- 20 MM Small and Medium-size businesses in the U.S.
- “I believe we do catch most of them” Chris DeWolfe — when asked whether they catch inappropriate profiles/content
- Tom Anderson plays World of Warcraft, Xbox Live, Wii (Charlie Rose asked what the Wii was..oh my Charlie)
- MySpace has all the shows from nbc, fox, all shows produced by Sony, and all music videos.