Brand new 4G iPod shuffle came out today (3/11/2009) that can say what is playing using a new feature called VoiceOver. Here is why this is a great user experience:
- No screen on the iPod shuffle hence the VoiceOver. As the Apple guide tour says “use it with your eyes closed”
- Even if there was a screen and while I’m working out (which is what most shuffle’s I see out there are being used during) you wouldn’t want to look down at a screen. Ever tried running on the treadmill and reading a magazine at the gym?
- VoiceOver can output in multiple different languages. English (duh!), Japanese, Swedish, French, Spanish, and a few more.
So this is a quick feedback on today’s announcement. Here are some questions I thought would start some discussion:
- What do you think of this announcement?
- Do you own an iPod shuffle now? Would you upgrade?
- If you were the product manager for the next version of the iPod shuffle what features would you put as top priority to implement?
- Do you care about the voice output?
Add your comment below or hit me up on Twitter at http://twitter.com/djksar